Reduction of transmitted Impact Noise by Floor Coverings on a small floor mock-up EN ISO 16251-1
The aim of the measurements is to compare different floor constructions with regard to their impact noise transmitting properties in an uncomplicated way without having to carry out a full-scale test set-up according to EN ISO 10140-3. This procedure has proven particularly useful in product development. The test apparatus offers a further advantage for test set-ups that can attack or destroy the concrete surface, for example through pointed and heavy sound sources or when the floor covering is glued.
- Test according to DIN EN ISO 16251-1
- The weighted improvement of impact sound insulation ΔLw is determined with the reference curve provided for in EN ISO 717-2 (analogous to measurements according to EN ISO 10140-3).
Suitable product types
- resilient floor coverings
- multilayer modular floor coverings (MMF)
- parquet and wood floor coverings
- textile floor coverings
- laying materials and underlays
- sports floor coverings